Hello Marlins parents,
I (Ann) am the new Fundscrip “go to” for the team. I’d like to explain Fundscrip to you and encourage you all to participate. It is simple and works well! In addition, once you’ve reached your commitment, any extra funds earned go into your swimmer’s account and accumulate to use towards meet fees, equipment and banquet fees, etc…the team continues to earn money and so do you! WIN WIN! I have been participating for over 5 years and have never had any issues and have always ended up with money in my swimmer’s account.
At no additional cost to you, FundScrip transforms your everyday spending into fundraising dollars. That means no out-of-pocket donations, no door-to-door sales and no sympathy purchases. You just pay for your everyday expenses with gift cards bought from FundScrip and you earn money towards our team. For example, I have a recurring order for groceries and gas that automatically processes every 2 weeks…who doesn’t need groceries and gas??!!
(After you place the order – on the bottom of the page you will see a spot that says – Make this order recurring.)
There is a really good restaurant card that can be used at 10 different restaurants…one card, 10 choices! There are over 180 participating retailers, I’m sure you all shop at at least some of them, so why not use gift cards and support your team!
You simply purchase a gift card and the company donates a percentage to our team, the percentage is clearly shown on the ordering site, www.fundscrip.com, code L7E8ZF
You can sign up and pay one of 3 ways, but EFT is recommended and encouraged as it is easier and you don’t lose any $$ (credit card payment are reduced by 1.99% so if your amount is 3% and you use credit card payment, you’ll actually only get .9% toward your commitment)
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Free
The gold standard of free and secure payments. EFT is an online debit that allows supporters to pay for their orders directly from their bank account. Please see attached form.
- I have attached here the information regarding how to set up your personal EFT. It is a onetime step, done before the supporter’s first order. Once set up, the supporter simply clicks on the EFT button on their order page, the transaction is completed at 9:30 A.M.
- Online Bill Payment Free
Also known as Online Payee, add FundScrip as a payee in your bank account and pay for orders as you would for any other bill. For full details, please visit http://www.fundscrip.com/online-bill-payment-service
- This is basically a Payee system, where the supporter places the order, then goes to his/her bank account and adds FundScrip as an accepted payee. PLEASE NOTE … With this form of payment, there is a full three business day delay, as FundScrip has to wait to receive the funds from the bank. This will take 72 business hours, Saturday and Sunday excluded.
- Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard)
- Rebates are reduced by 1.99%
- Be advised please that there is a 1.99% reduction to the individual rebate when using credit cards online. For example, when the supporter uses a credit card to purchase a 10% rebated items, it will be reduced to basically 8%; however, if using credit cards to purchase groceries, the rebate drops to 1%.
Orders are processed every 2 weeks on a Thursday and arrive the following Tuesday or Wednesday. For us, going forward, orders will
go out on October 12th, arriving on October 18th,
out on October 26th, arriving November 1st,
out November 9th, arriving on November 15th and so on.
So, for example, if you are ordering cards for Christmas, the last date you must order to get them on time would be December 7th, arriving December 13th. (Although sometimes they will add an extra processing date around the holidays, but I will let you know if this is the case)
I am generally at the pool to pick up my swimmer and will have the cards available for pick up on the day they arrive. Please see your emails for all of my contact information!
Thanks for your participation!